Frequently Asked Questions
If you hold a Thai drivers license, and need to have it certified for the Ontario Ministry of Transportation please follow the instructions below.
Police Clearance Certificate for Non-Thai Citizen
For non-Thai passport holders please contact the Royal Thai Police in Thailand at the address and telephone number below to receive information to process your application. The Embassy cannot lodge in the application on the applicant's behalf.
- A photocopy of valid passport
- A photocopy of Thai Visa
- Document(s) stating that the applicant is used to work or reside in Thailand
- A photocopy of Thai working permit (if available)
- A power of attorney (If authorized someone to submit on your behalf)
- Letter explain the purpose of request from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (or Government of Canada)
- Two passport photos
- Two sets of original fingerprint issued by the RCMP or local police together with the official seal and signature of the official taking the fingerprint
- The service is free of charge, an applicant is needed to provide a self return envelope to send back to the applicant
Note: If criminal record is found or all required documents are not submitted, certification may take longer than 7 business days.
The Police Clearance Service Center
Building 24, Royal Thai Police
Rama 1, Pathumwan
Bangkok, Thailand 10330
Tel: 66-2205-2168, 66-2205-2169
For more information please visit their website.